Sunday, August 24, 2014

Menu Plan for 8/24/14- Great Side Dishes from the Garden!

This week's menu plan started with a cleaning out of sorts of my freezer.   I had to throw away some meat and I organized it with the older dated meat will be the first thing I reach for.  Defrosting will have to come later.  There was a great find in there for the husband though -ice cream!  That always manages to put a smile on his face.

I'm also planned to make cooking easier on the days I'll be busy watching the grandson, or canning those tomatoes I see ripening in the garden.

Monday

Pork Chops,Fried Grilled Rosemary Pork Chops (changed our minds when we saw how hot it will be today! 


Tuesday

Harvest Hamburger Stew (Frozen Meal)
 Hamburger Stew

Wednesday

Breakfast for Dinner - Ham and Cheese Omelettes   (diced leftover ham from freezer)

Thursday

Steak & Swiss Sandwiches 

Friday

Baked Chicken

Saturday

Chicken Fajitas (with pepper and onion from garden and leftover baked chicken)

Side Dishes

Looking for inspiration in  the garden I already know my side dishes-green beans, sliced tomatoes, salads, fried cabbage (recipe coming soon), and coleslaw.

Have you got your menu planned yet for the week?



No comments: