Thursday, July 23, 2015

Creamy Coleslaw Recipe

Creamy Coleslaw Recipe



We kept looking at that cabbage in the garden and just couldn't stand it no longer.   We picked the biggest one last night!  "Can't wait till we have some of your creamy coleslaw for tomorrow's dinner," husband said.   Let me tell you, when he starts dreaming about my food I just can't refuse.   I'll make it for him no matter how tired or busy I am.    He knows how to get to me doesn't he?

This is a great recipe to take to picnics, church potlucks, or just have for dinner.   Just remember to keep it cold as it does have mayonnaise in it.


Creamy Coleslaw Recipe

One large cabbage, shredded

2 carrots, peeled and shredded (or about 15 baby carrots in case you are like me and that's all you have).

For the dressing:

2 tbsp.  Apple cider vinegar

2/3 cup mayonnaise

1/2 tsp celery seed

5 tbsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. salt



Mix together and let sit in the refrigerator and marinade at least for a couple of hours before serving.

   


Sign up for my daily email list and never miss a post!  Join me on TwitterPinterest, and Bloglovin where I share my frugal list, gardening, recipes, free kindle books, and more!

This post has been linked to Creativity Unleashed Blog Party at Practically Functional, Foodie Friday at A Dish of Daily Life, Home Matters Linky Party at Life with Lorelai, What's on the List, Sunday's Down Under at Natasha in Oz, Clever Chicks Blog Hop at the Chicken Chick, Motivation Monday Linky Party at Life in Balance, Tuesday's Table at Love in the Kitchen, Treasure Box Tuesday at Memories by the Mile, Treasure Box Tuesday at Memories by the Mile, Wonderful Wednesday at Ducks 'n a Row, The Not Just Homemaking Party at Hope in Every Season, Create it Thursday at Lambert's Lately, Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage, This is How We Roll Thursday's at WonderMom Wannabe, Think and Make Thursday's at Kennary, Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Creativity Unleashed at Practically Functional, Foodie Friday at a Dish of Daily Life,  August Country Fair Blog Party at Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom, Recipe Sharing Party,Awesome Life Friday, 



No comments: