Wednesday, August 5, 2015

How to Freeze Zucchini

Zucchini in the Garden



There is one thing we always have an abundance of and that is zucchini.  They seem to appear out of nowhere.   Then if I miss a day or two of checking ....giant monster zucchini have invaded my garden!   


Have no fear, if you are like me and don't have time to make use of your zucchini right now, freezing is the way to go.

How to Freeze Zucchini

First step is to shred you zucchini and then let it rest about 10 to 15 minutes to help get the juices flowing.   

Shredded zucchini

Squeeze the zucchini with your hands to get even more juice out of the zucchini then drain.  



measure two cups of zucchini


I like to freeze my zucchini in two cup measurements.   Seems like every recipe I know of uses two cups!   (this is a Corelle cup from a long time ago...it is exact to one cup measurement!)


Lay bags flat on a cookie sheet

Put in quart freezer bags and lay flat on a cookie sheet.    Put in your freezer for about two hours.  Skip this step and every bag will stick together.  Believe me that will not make you happy.


place in larger bag and freeze


Transfer to a gallon sized bag, mark contents and date.  Now your ready to do your baking... this winter!  




Sign up for my daily email list and never miss a post!  Join me on TwitterPinterest, and Bloglovin where I share my frugal list, gardening, recipes, free kindle books, and more!


This post has been linked to Create it Thursday at Lambert's Lately,  Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage,  This is How We Roll Linky Party at Organized 31, Think and Make Thursdays at Kenarry Ideas for the Home, Thrifty Thursday at The Thrifty Couple, Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop, Sunday's Down Under at Natasha in Oz,  Snickerdoodle Sunday at 2 Crochet Hooks, The Clever chicks Blog Hop at The Chicken Chick, The Art of Homemaking Mondays at Strangers and Pilgrims On Earth, Modest Monday at The Modest Mom Blog,
Tuesday's Table at Love from the Kitchen, Treasure Box Tuesdays at Memories by the Mile,  Wonderful Wednesday at Ducks n a Row,  Making a Home, Homemaking Party at Lindas Lunacy, The Not Just Homemaking Party at Hope in Every Season, The Wednesday Showcase at A Savory Feast, Simply Natural Saturdays, 

I was featured at


No comments: